A small business owner is asked to oversee many things. Licenses, sales taxes, corporate filings, employees, inventory, sales, customer service, management and more. Many of these tasks can be delegated or hired, but there are two pieces of your business to always keep your eyes on: your money and your marketing. Here are five small business marketing strategies that are relevant in 2023 and will continue to be staples in your marketing portfolio for several years to come.
- Social media marketing: Social media platforms are a great way to reach and engage with potential customers. Develop a social media strategy that includes regular posting and interaction with followers.
- Video marketing: Video content is becoming increasingly popular on social media, websites, and other digital channels. Create short videos that showcase your products or services and educate your audience about your industry. Give behind-the-scenes tours and feature your team’s creativity, personality, or give-back efforts.
- Email marketing: Email remains one of the most effective ways to communicate with customers and prospects. Build a list of subscribers and send regular newsletters with promotions, updates, and consumer-relevant content.
- Content marketing: Create valuable and informative content that helps your target audience solve a problem or learn something new. This can include blog posts, infographics, e-books, vlogs (video blogs), and other types of content.
- Influencer marketing: Partner with social media influencers or industry experts who have a large following and can promote your products or services to their audience. This can happen at a local, regional, national, or global level depending on your budget and industry connections. Influencer marketing can be an effective way to reach new customers and build credibility for your business.
For startups and small teams, this can feel like a lot to take on. Digital marketing teams like ours can help you achieve more through solid planning, content creation, and hybrid management. If you’re ready to take your small business to the next level, contact us. We’re here to help.